LED display has a wide range of applications, not only indoor, but also outdoor. According to the use of the LED display screen, the installation positions are different. Some are also installed at outdoor heights, and the mounting brackets are generally iron. In the summer thunderstorm season, the LED display screen has a high probability of becoming a lightning strike target. Once the LED display screen is struck by lightning, because it is a high-density integrated display, it is highly sensitive to anti-interference. The damage of lightning to it will cause mechanical, electrical and thermal damage, and even cause fire. Therefore, the lightning protection measures of LED are essential.
Lightning protection measures for LED display:
1.For the lightning current induced on the signal line, a signal lightning arrester is installed on the signal line. The signal lightning arrester is determined according to the signal interface of the system. If it is a network cable, the network signal lightning arrester is installed. If it is a serial interface, the DB9 interface lightning arrester is installed. The cross-sectional area of the connecting ground wire shall not be less than 1.5mm square.
2. For the lightning current induced on the power line, a single-phase or three-phase power lightning protector shall be installed on the power line. The cross-sectional area of the connecting line of the phase line shall not be less than 10mm square, and the cross-sectional area of the connecting ground line shall not be less than 16mm2.
3. In view of the counterattack of the steel structure, connect the steel structure with the shell of the LED display screen, make equipotential and grounding. The grounding resistance is generally required to be less than 10 ohms. If the resistance value fails to meet the requirements, additional artificial grounding network shall be built. Lightning arrester shall also be grounded.
4. For direct lightning protection, lightning rod shall be installed on the support structure of LED display (outdoor), and lightning rod may not be considered for indoor LED display or LED display with tall buildings nearby.
5. Direct lightning protection: there are no tall buildings in the open area, which proves that your pole is located in lpzoa area and is vulnerable to direct lightning. Therefore, lightning rod must be added. The height of lightning rod shall be calculated by rolling ball method. If it is troublesome, the previous 45 degree broken line method (with the lightning rod tip as the center, and the place covered by the 45 degree angle belongs to the protected area) can also be used, but the accuracy is not so high.
6. Lightning protection grounding network: if lightning rod is installed, a simple grounding network must be built as the lightning discharge channel. Generally, the method of connecting angle steel with flat steel is more economical.
7. Surge protection measures: since there are optical transceiver and video server in the distribution box, their power supply must be guaranteed, so a lightning protection socket is designed at their power supply for protection of power supply. In addition, the signal lines leading into the power box shall be equipped with lightning arresters matching the voltage and interface. The optical fiber end does not need to be installed because the optical fiber is an insulating material and will not be affected by inductive lightning. However, the optical fiber reinforcing core must be grounded nearby to avoid damage to the optical fiber by electrostatic induction and lightning thermal effect.